Edmodo


Since I discovered some years ago social networks like Facebook, I realised they were very powerful tools, not only for social but also for teaching purposes. I think that virtual networks offer a great variety of opportunities to work with students. Consequently, I've been very interested in adding one of these networks in my teaching activity but I have always changed my mind due to it was not possible to work with secondary education students within these social networks because it is illegal for them to have an account because they are minors. 



Fortunately, Edmodo was shown to me in the module 'Recursos didácticos para la enseñanza de la lengua y la literatura'. Edmodo provides teachers and students a secure place to connect and collaborate, share content and educational applications, and access homework, grades, class discussions and notifications. During the course we have combined lessons with this educational network and it is a good way to foster interaction between students, sharing their own knowledge and learning process.

I propose to use Edmodo for homework, it is very helpful for students to consolidate what they have been doing in their lessons. Therefore, I think that it is important to motivate students if we want them to work in home, so it is a good way to reach their motivation.

For example, we have done a post-reading task using Edmodo. Students had to upload a picture showing one of their favourite extract from the tale 'Mrs. Bixby and the Colonel's coat' by Roald Dahl. Eg.


The scene that I like the most is when Mrs Bixby is on the train and she thinks: 'Well, I've lost one thing, but gained another.' This scene makes me laugh, it shows how materialist and selfish Mrs. Bixby can be.






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario